Sunday, July 19, 2009

Perfect Ending












Some of you know that the last few weeks have been hard for Scott and I. I won't go into detail, but it was definately a dark couple of weeks. But, the greatest thing about all that is, this week was also such a great week as well! God is so GREAT! :)


This week started off with no grooming work for me, which we desperately needed! But, as God seems to work, last Sunday night I got a call for an appointment. I booked them that Monday. Then from that day on, I got calls almost everyday and was able to book myself full of grooming for everyday this past week, and into the this week! I'm always so amazed at how that happens. The thing for me this time, that I really believed before it happened, was that God would take care of us and that I didn't need to worry about no apopintments. Sure enough, God did take care of us! I know (head knowledge wise) that He will always take care of us. But to fully believe, understand it, and experience it is a whole other thing! It's such an awesome experience to fully trust in the Lord and put all you have in Him. So, as bad as the weeks have been lately, I can honestly say they were great as well! Isn't that just so awesome?!


Well, to carry on this Praise to God, I had a doctors' appointment on Friday morning. I'm 11 weeks right now and this was the apointment to hear the heartbeat. To refresh, I miscarried right around 12 weeks, so this was a VERY important, and nerve-racking, appointment! Anyway, I had my MIL come with me as moral support b/c Scott was at Store Manager Training in Chandler all week and could not get out of it. I needed to have someone there with me to either celebrate, or to cry with. Well, thankfully, we celebrated!!!!! :) It took some time for the Dr. to find the heartbeat, but once she did, it was so loud and clear you couldn't mistake it for anything else! It was such an awesome sound! I've always loved that first time that you hear the heartbeat, but after you have had a miscarriage, it's almost like hearing it for the very first time (no matter how many kids you already have)! Of course, my Dr. says (as soon as she hears the heartbeat) "Good news, you have a baby there. Bad news, it's another girl." Now hold on, we don't know that for sure! See, my FIL says we are having a boy. He has been able to guess every grandchild and has not been wrong yet! We won't know for sure until about 20 weeks. The Dr. was saying that based off how fast the heartbeat was. The theory is, the faster the heartbeat it's a girl, the slower one is a boy. Well, this one was beating in the 150's, so that is why she said that. I didn't say this to her at the time, but after she said that, I remember her saying that T was a boy. Well, T maybe a tomboy, but she is all girl as well. So, needless to say, we will see at 20 weeks whether papa is right or if the Dr. is right. My money (and my hope) is on Papa, but at the same time, I'm not going to be picky! :)


Last but not least, my wonderful hubby ended the weekend (well, almost since it was on Saturday) with replacing our kitchen faucet! For those of you who have been at my house for some extention of a stay know that my kitchen faucet was HORRIBLE!!!! First, you had to pretty much push the handle up to a high flow of water b/c if you didn't it would fall down and shut off. Well, if you pushed it all the way up, then it screamed this high pitched squeal at you the ENTIRE time you ran the water! It was aweful! We bought a new faucet a couple weeks ago, but between lack of time, no plumbers putty/tape, laziness and procrastination, it took him until Saturday to put it in. Well, it's in! It looks lovely, much better than the last one! It works great! And best of all, it doesn't scream at you when you turn on the water! It was a great way to end the weekend! :) The pictures are of the new faucet by the way. Isn't nice?


Well, that's about all I know. I hope that all of you had a great week and saw God moved in your lives one way or another. I hope you all have a great week this next week as well! Love you all! :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow, awesome. I am excited for you. I feel pretty out of the loop. I didn't know you and Scott were having a hard time. What was that about? I am excited things are going good though. Still praying for the wee one. Super excited for you. So far, I'm not pregnant. I'm happy for both of us. I'm looking into non pill birth control so I won't forget and freak out again. :) Not that I wouldn't have been happy, but two babies is a lot at once.